February 20, 2010

Tacita

Tacere = hush, to be quiet
shhh
Roman Goddess of silence, averting of harmful gossip, her feast day is today.  Placing their hand on their testes (hence "testimony") Roman men would swear by Tacita to be truthful.  
I nod in tacit agreement.
 shhh
Tacita,  oh  Tacita,  where  were  you  when  I  needed  you?

"Oh no, I've said too much, I haven't said enough" 
- REM (Losing My Religion)
shhh
It always hurts to hear that someone is lying about you behind your back, and I wish everyone would have the courage to tell us directly what they say about us.  (Indeed, I have that courage!) 
I do think it's fine to let someone know what's being said about them so they have a chance to defend themselves. But how embarrassing it is to tell the confrontational truth and hit "reply all"!  


When Strength is reversed, the lion devours.
But the Starry universe hums within us all - in stillness.
Ave, Cynthia, shining bright upon my path...
from the Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery, copyright Robert M. Place, used with permission
to see more cards like this, follow the Lynx to Alchemical Egg